Still eating those naughty nibbles after the Easter feast?
Try out these Tasty Broccoli bites to get your body back in check after the sugary season. These are great to take to work or school to stop you munching on a pack of crisps and taste great on their own with a sprinkle of sea salt or with a chilli salsa dip to spice things up.
What you need
12 oz. bag (about 2 cups) fresh raw broccoli
1 large egg
2 Tbsp. diced onion
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
What you need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Steam the broccoli by steaming bag in microwave (according to directions), or by placing 2 cups broccoli in microwavable bowl with a few Tbsp. of water until softened. Set aside and let cool.
- Once broccoli has cooled down, place in food processor and pulse only about 3-4 pulses. You do not want to overdo it – you want small chunks, not pureed broccoli! If you do not have a food processor, chop broccoli very finely. Add broccoli to large bowl and mix thoroughly with the egg, onions, cheese, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Tip: For firmer bites, I recommend refrigerating the mixture for about 30 minutes. This will help keep its shape.
- For each bite, press about 1 Tbsp. size ball of the mixture into your hands and roll into a firm ball. Place all bites on baking sheet and bake for 20-22 minutes (flip all bites over once halfway through baking). Serve bites with ketchup or your dip of choice and enjoy!
Recipe sourced: http://www.yummly.uk/recipes?q=broccoli%20bites