Sick of stuffing Avocado in everything, but still need your daily Avo fix?
Why not try stuffing the Avocado instead. These little green boats are the perfect tex-mex twist to spice up your Avo affair. Ideal for them foodies as well as the standard taco lover.
Don’t let a single bit of the precious fruit go to waste and use that tasty centre to whip up some Guac to top your boats or save for future use.
Did you know that Avocados are specifically a single seeded berry??
What you need:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 Avocados halved with pits taken out
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- shredded cheese, sour cream, and red pepper flakes for garnish
What you need to do?
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil and then cook the chicken until golden brown and cooked thoroughly. The last 2 minutes of cooking the chicken, lower the temperature to medium-low and sprinkle the lime juice and taco seasoning on the chicken.
- While the chicken is cooking, scoop out about 1/2 of the flesh inside each avocado half using the opposite end of our Garnishing Tool. Once the chicken is finished cooking, place the chicken meat inside the avocado boat, quickly sprinkling with cheese to allow it to melt. Sprinkle with tomato, onion, and red pepper flakes, and dollop with sour cream. Enjoy it messy!