Tomato soup…what a classic.
But the go-to can of the red stuff can be a little bland. This chunky adaption of the light tomato soup is a symphony of exciting flavors on a fresh tomato base and can be spiced up to suit tastes.
With just minutes to prepare this Chunky tomato soup makes a Tantalizing Starter or complement to a Ham and cheese toasties.
This soup can be enjoyed cold on a hot summers day and goes great with a warm slice of toasted ciabatta.
To dice and slice like a pro try out our Forever sharp knife range now on sale here (http://tttradingltd.co.uk/product/white-knives/?age-verified=8bdefbfabc)
What you need:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ Tbsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 15oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
What you need to do:
- Finely dice the onion and mince the garlic. Add them to a sauce pan with the olive oil and cook over medium heat until the onions are soft and browning
- Add the tomato paste, smoked paprika, and cumin to the pan. Continue to stir and cook for about two minutes to slightly caramelize the tomato paste and toast the spices.
- Add the cans of fire roasted tomatoes, vegetable broth, brown sugar, and some freshly cracked pepper. Stir to combine and heat through (about 10 minutes). Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed (I like to spice it up with fresh chili and top with coriander)