These Cookies and Cream Puffs are so delicious you will wonder how you’ve been able to live without them your whole life. We mean it. We all do here at T.T.Trading!
A knife – Use the World’s Sharpest Knife for an effortlessly precise slice.
A whisk – Use Mr Whipster for an impressive wieldy whip
A chopper – Use the Euro Chopper for conveniently fast, finely chopped produce.
A piping bag
25 chocolate sandwich cookies (e.g. – oreos)
2 egg yolks
2 cups half & half
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup corn-starch
1 cup water
8 tablespoons butter
½ cup flour
4 free range eggs
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Using a knife, separate the cream from the cookies, and place them in two separate bowls.
3. Crush cookies in a blender or a food processor until fine. Set aside.
4. In a pot over low heat, combine egg yolks, half & half, sugar, and corn-starch n. Turn the heat up to medium-high, whisking constantly to prevent any lumps.
5. Once the mixture starts to thicken, add in half of the cookie cream, stirring until smooth.
6. Transfer the cream mixture into a bowl, covering the top with plastic wrap and pressing the wrap down onto the surface of the cream to prevent a skin from forming. Chill.
7. In a pot, combine the water and butter, bringing it to a boil. Add the flour and ½ cup of the crushed cookie mixture, stirring until the dough comes together in a ball. Remove from heat.
8. Add in the eggs one a time, stirring until the dough becomes a paste. Transfer the dough into a piping bag with a large round tip.
9. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, pipe 1-inch mounds. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the pastry has risen considerably and the insides are dry.
10. Transfer the chilled pastry cream into a piping bag with a small tip. Poke a hole in the center of the bottom of each cream puff and fill each puff with the pastry cream.
11. Microwave the remaining cookie cream for 30 seconds, stirring until smooth.
12. Dip the top of each filled cream puff into the cookie cream, dripping off any excess.
13. Sprinkle any remaining cookies crumbs on top of each cream puff.