Creme egg crazy and looking for new ways to get that crème egg fix?
Get experimental and give there Gooey, Oozy, chocolatey lil pud a go. If crème eggs aren’t your thing, never fear caramel eggs are here. Replace the creme egg with a Cadbury’s caramel egg instead. Why not mix and match for a pudding roulette where everyone’s a winner
What you need:
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 8 tablespoons /1 stick unsalted butter
- 4 ounces 60% dark chocolate chopped
- 2 whole eggs room temperature
- 2 egg yolks room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 4 Creme eggs
What you need to do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray four 5 ounce ramekins with non-stick spray. Dust with cocoa powder and tap over the sink to discard any excess. Place them on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Fill a pan with water and heat until low simmer.
- Set a heatproof bowl on top of the pan (make sure bowl does not touch water)
- Add the butter and chocolate to the bowl and stir until melted, turn off the heat.
- To a mixing bowl or stand mixer add the eggs, egg yolks and sugar. Beat on low speed for 1 minute then faster speed for 2 minutes until pale and fluffed.
- Pour the melted butter and chocolate slowly into the egg mix while whisking.
- Add the flour and in small batches, whisking in-between additions, until well combined. Stir in the espresso powder.
- Fill the melds half full and place a crème egg in the centre. Fill the melds so they mix covers the eggs.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 10 minutes. Until the edges look cooked and the centres are sunken and look moist.
- Remove from oven and allow cooling for 10 minutes.
- To remove from the mould, turn onto a serving plate and serve immediately.