Here’s to a bitterly delicious treat!
To Celebrate St. Patrick’s day, we thought we’d go for a classic recipe. What do most of us associate this holiday with? That’s right… booze! Aesthetically similar to those Irish dry stouts – why not wash it down with what’s left?
PRODUCT USED: Mr. Whipstir
For the Cake
- 1/2 a pint o’ guinness (250 millilitres)
- A bowl of unsalted butter (250 grams)
- A neat glass of cocoa powder (75 grams)
- 1 pint caster sugar (400 grams)
- Medium glass of sour cream (142 millilitres )
- Double Egg Cocktail (2 large eggs)
- A shot of vanilla extract (1 tablespoon)
- 1 pint of plain flour (275 grams)
- A double shot of bicarbonate of soda (2½ teaspoons)
For the Topping
- Vanilla Frosting
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 180°C, grease and 8inch cake tin
- Pour the Guinness into a large saucepan, add the butter and heat until fully melted. Start to whisk in the cocoa and sugar.
- Whisk the sour cream with the eggs and vanilla. Then pour into the pan and finally blend and whisk the flour and bicarb.
- Pour the cake batter into the tin and bake for 45 mins – 1hr. Once cake is done, leave to cool completely.
- Use your vanilla frsoting to ice the top of the black cake. That’s it, you now have your Guinness Cake!