Easy to make and delicious to eat!
These football cookies are a fun little treat for your family and friends on Super Bowl Sunday! Make sure they don’t deflate by following our step by step guide below ;).
Product used: Paring Knife
- 75g butter (melted)
- 75g caster sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 100g self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Icing Sugar
- 1 tbsp hot chocolate powder
Pre heat oven to gas 160 C° or 320 F°
- Add the sugar and butter together in a large bowl. Mix together with hands or a wooden spoon
- Next, add the flour, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt. Use hands to knead.
- Finally put the egg and golden syrup in and blend with hands until sticky and solid. If it’s not sticking enough, add more golden syrup (but be careful not to use too much!)
- Once you have a doughy texture, roll into a ball. Flour the area you are using, the dough and your rolling pin.
- Start rolling!
- Once flat enough, using a knife cut out the ball shapes. Place them on a grease proof tray and cook for about 10-15 mins.
- While cooking, mix up the icing sugar with the chocolate powder and few drops of water.
- Once cookies are done, spread icing mix over balls and leave to set.
- Finally mix up some more icing sugar with water to make the white colour for the laces.
- Leave to set and there you have it! Try not to eat one and save them for the party! 😀